Half Marathon Group Training (Coached) Program July 30th-Oct 21st
Purchasing this item will register you for the Fall 2018 session of our beginner's running group, 13.101.
This 12-week group training program is geared towards beginners and is designed for someone who is newer to running, can run-walk a 10K and would like to increase their distance to a Half Marathon (13.1 miles). It includes 5 days of running per week (We host 3 group workouts and you'll have 2 workouts to do on your own.)
Group workouts are held three times a week beginning on July 30th . This session culminates on Sunday October 21st at the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon.
Workouts are held at the following times/locations:
- Mondays at 5:45pm at the Dequindre Cut Eastern Market
- Wednesdays at 5:45pm at the Wayne State Track (Adam's Field)
- Saturdays at 8:00am at the RUNdetroit Store Parking Map
The RUNdetroit coaching staff will lead all workouts. Attendance at each session is recommended but not required. Workouts are held RAIN or SHINE.
There will be no group workout held on:
Monday Sept 3rd due to the Labor Day holiday
All registered participants will receive:
- Coached group workouts 3 times a week
- Running 101 Clinic with info on Good Form Running and injury prevention as well as tips on proper footwear and advice on gear and nutrition for running
- RUNdetroit wicking tee
- Footwear discount coupon for RUNdetroit
* Purchasing the 10K and Half Marathon Program together will save you $10 and you will receive a handheld Amphipod water bottle. Use the discount code: 5K2HALF when registering. (You must have both items in your shopping cart for discount to work)
*Purchase of this item is non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you still have questions please check out our FAQ below or join us at RUNdetroit at 9:30am on Saturday June 2nd for an info session/Q&A.
Do I have to attend every workout?
Attendance at each workout is recommended but not required. Remember, you will only get out of this what you put in. If you miss a workout occasionally or if you're just not available on, say, Wednesdays, its okay. Just be sure to do the workout on your own.
How long are the workouts?
It varies depending on the workout and your pace. Plan for 45-75 minutes for weekday workouts and up to 2 hours for Saturday workouts.
Do you run in the rain?
Workouts are held RAIN or SHINE. The only time we'll cancel is if there is severe/dangerous weather like tornado warnings or lightning.
What if I am too slow?
This program is specifically for Beginners. Its geared towards those that typically run an 11:30-17:30 pace. If you fall outside of this range but still want to join this program please reach out to us via email or attend our info session. We'll have one of our coaches contact you.
I have more questions!
Please join us at our info session on Saturday June 2nd 9:30am at RUNdetroit. To get in touch with us about this program you can email us or shoot us a Facebook Message during regular business hours. To ensure that your questions about this program get routed to our coaching staff we prefer one of the above contact methods instead of a phone call.